The fundamental research fastening technology covers
- the study of the behavior of post-installed anchors and cast-in-situ elements in concrete and masonry under short-term, shock, seismic and fatigue loading
- the durability of fastenings
- their interaction with the structure serving as an anchor ground
- special applications such as response of anchors to fire
- the evaluation of analytical models for design
- the development of test methods for fastening systems
The overall objective of these activities is the translation of research results into practice, made possible by the active participation of IWB staff in national and international code organizations such as ACI, CEN, EOTA, fib, publications in scientific journals and contributions of papers to international conferences.
Jan HofmannProf. Dr.-Ing.